Saturday, 22 May 2010

Emblem of Love RR Completed

Today I have completed the last stitch on Carol's RR, which brings to an end the Emblem Of Love RR. I love the silk that Carol has used and have been completely sold on Vicki Clayton silks. The colour is Magpie Tears and the silk is amazing to work with, although when the weather has been as dry as we have had and there is static electricity in the air, I find the silk sticks to everything and can make stitching very frustrating.


I am kind of sad that it is all finished, but I am sure that I will be involved in another RR again one day. I would like to thank Edgar for being so fantastic in organising this RR, your patience is amazing. I would also like to thank Wendy Jo, Margaret, Deb, Carol and Edgar for all stitching on myy RR, I can't wait till it arrives home.

18 comments:

KarenV said...

Lovely finish Suzanne, I'm sure Carol will be thrilled with it :)

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

This is beautiful, Suzanne! I'll bet Carol is sitting on pins and needles waiting to get this back home.

Kathy A. said...

That is absolutely gorgeous. I am sure you are waiting for yours to come home - it will be exciting to see it all done.
I understand the lost feeling at the end of a RR. We have just wrapped up the Mirabilia RR and I feel a little lost too.

Carol R said...

What can I say Suzanne? My RR looks amazing and I can't wait for it to come home! Thank you so much.

Margaret said...

Fantastic! It's so nice that you all have reached the end of the RR and have finished projects to show for it. I hope you all start another one!

Farm Girl said...

Beautiful Suzanne, can't wait to see what your one looks like finished too.

Lynn said...

This is so pretty Suzanne! I love the Vicky Clayton silks as well. The colours are really nice.
I can imagine how excited you are about seeing your own when it arrives home. I would love to be involved in one of the RR some day when I have more time.

Little Cat said...

Isn't that beautiful!

Pike said...

What a great one!

Thank you Suzanne, the envelope with Mill Hill and Cards Celebrations arrived today! Such great charts, thanks again!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Suzanne its great! Congratuations on finishing up an RR!

Siobhan said...

Congrats on finishing up your RR obligations with a beauty! It's fantastic, I'm sure Carol will love it and the work that went into it.

Nicola said...

That is so beautiful!

Mylene said...

It looks gorgeous! I love the color that was used for this piece.

Sally said...

Carol's RR is beautiful Suzanne. I love the colour.

Margit said...

I bet Carol is very happy when she hold that fabulous RR in her hands. This piece of art is just amazing!

Jaimie said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE this one! The pattern, colors, everything! I haven't tried silk but I know it is difficult, but this one is definitely worth it! Congrats!

Deborah/LavenderRose said...

Oh, Suzanne, what beautiful stitching and a great picture. Yours is coming right away!! :]

Lili said...

This is an amazing piece, Suzanne! Congratulations on this finish!