Sunday, 20 June 2010

Can you hear the crickets chirping........

It's been a bit like that over the last few weeks on my blog. I have been busy of sorts. Not really sure what I have been doing, but busy enough that blogging has been neglected and my stitching time has been limited to evenings.

Last weekend, we took the girls for a bush walk to Wentworth Falls to see the Empress Falls. Aurelia being the champion that she is, walked all the way to the bottom on her own. It's quite a big walk with lots of steep stairs. Her favourite part was walking across the stepping stones on the waterfall. My DH is an avid photographer and took some great photos of the waterfall.


This weekend, my DH took me and the girls to the Craft Show in the city. I had an awesome day, firstly I was able to look at all the stands on my own, my DH took care of the girls. Secondly I was able to purchase some great items. The photos below show the overall purchase and then a close up of the kits from The Gift Of Stitching.


The first is all the materials I need to complete the ten part Hardanger course, the second is a kit for the fob, needlebook and bag from Midsummer Nights Designs and finally the last is an Elizabethan Blackwork jacket and stand. I have loved this project since the first time I saw it, although when the time for construction comes I am sure that I will regret my decision. I am going to do a little practice with some blackwork before I make a start and practice a few of the finishing stitches first. When I do come to construction, I figure if I take my time and don't rush, it should come out like the picture.


I have been putting a little stitching into Hannah Lancaster and she is growing slowly. Some motifs can be pretty tedious and I am glad that I am not stitching on her everyday.


I made a good start on the next part of the Blackbird Designs Mystery Sampler. The fabric is a little out of shape, but I hope that it won't affect the piece once it is stitched together.


Finally, I have made a start on Margaret Pence by The Goode Huswife, but I have frogged it out three times already so I put it away in disgust. Maybe I will make a new start again this week.

I will leave you with a photo of the potholder I sent Carol. It was a lovely piece to crochet.


Design: Scalloped Potholder
Designer: Priscilla Hewitt
Thread: Panda - Regal 4 Ply Cotton - Natural
Finish: Potholder

20 comments:

Jackie said...

Wonderful waterfall pictures! I love walks by the water. It looks and sounds like everyone had a great time!

Lovely stash. What are you starting first?

Margaret said...

Oh my! Those waterfall pics are wonderful! And your stash! Oooooh!! I really want to get that Hardanger course kit and learn too. And the other kits are great too! Love the potholder you made -- it's so pretty! I just learned how to crochet. Just double crochet so far. lol!

Rowyn said...

What impressive waterfall photos.

I couldn't get the hang of crochet, although I wish I could - that's a lovely little potholder!

Enjoy all your new stash.

KarenV said...

Great photos! Love your progress on Hannah Lancaster and the BBD Mystery. Your crochet potholder is beautiful - I can't crochet myself, despite trying so I always love to see other people's work.

Angela P said...

Your walk to the waterfall looks lovely! You are making great progress on some of you WIP's! Looks like you got some great stash at the craft show :)

Julianne said...

Suzanne,

What a sweet DH you have to take you to the craft show and take care of the girls while you were there. It looks like you got some lovely things.

The waterfall is breathtaking. Glad to see that you are enjoying nature.

Danielle said...

I just started part two of the mystery sampler last night--I am working from the middle out. The fabric is veyr loose, and even pressing the first part I noticed it was a little off kilter, but I am also hoping that when it is stretched for framing it will be okay. I love stitching alphabets usually, but I am happy to have finished with part one. I love your sampler, too!

carol fun said...

Beautiful photos of the waterfalls - what a wonderful trp. Greiat goodies - I too am stitching the Blackbird Mystery sampler- I'm starting at the other end ( part 5) and working back to part 1 and I'm doing it on one piece of linen since I wasn't sure I could get them together in the end. I will be watching your progress - isnt' this a fun piece?
happy stitching -

Sampler Lover said...

Hi Suzanne, it looks like you had a lovely time in Wentworth Falls over the long weekend and also at the Craft Show. Looks like you got some wonderful things there.
Hannah looks wonderful. It is good to see it from another angle. - Sandra.

Farm Girl said...

You have some gorgeous stash there, sounds like the Craft Show was worth visiting. Your hubby's photos are stunning, as is the progress on your stitching. Is there no limit to your talents - you crochet too?!?

Siobhan said...

I hear you on being busy and not getting much done in the way of things to post on the blog. But, I figure the kids are kids only once... I can always stitch later. Beautiful waterfall pictures! It sounds like a fun day out. Nice progress on Hannah, and I love the pot holder! It looks too nice to use. ;) Great new stash, too!

Ranae said...

Awesome waterfall.
Look at all tha glorious stash and what a hubby you have.
Happy Stitching!!!

Mylene said...

Beautiful pictures!
WOW! Gorgeous stash...enjoy! Love the potholder and your WIPs are looking wonderful.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Those are spectacular waterfalls, and your hubby took fantastic pics!

Keep stitching!!!

Lynn said...

Those are fantastic pictures of the falls. It must have been a lovely outing.
Craft shows are my favourite things to do on a weekend. Too bad they don't have them all the time. Your stash is great! I think that blackwork jacket is going to be lovely!

Kajsa said...

The girls look so cute hiking! How nice that you were able to go to the craft show.

Kathy A. said...

Great waterfall photos! Your hike looked like such a wonderful time
Love the new stash. I will be interested to see how you make out with that blackwork jacket - it is stunning.

Carol R said...

Great pictures Suzanne - thanks for sharing.

Love my potholder -it's much too pretty to use - thank you!

KaLu - Claudia said...

Oh my the pictures of the waterfall look like post cards! !!! It looks beautiful

Cheryl said...

My blogging and stitching has been cut down at the moment too! Just no time for everything! Love the waterfall pics. Love the crotchet too..id really like to learn how to do that