Thursday, 15 July 2010

I Am In Heaven

Last Thursday my parents returned from their seven week European holiday. I had asked my mother that if they happened past any needlework shops that if she could buy me a few bits and pieces. Well I have to say this is so much more than I expected. She thought to buy extra as a nice early birthday present.


Some thimbles to add to my growing collection.


Some 45ct Graziano linen and a beautiful bag to carry all my needlework. A few Italian cross stitch magazines


Great buttons, a lovely pair of larger scissors from Germany, ribbons from Austria.



My parents specially sought out Des Fils Et Une Aiguille whilst in Paris and purchased this great haul.


The charts are from Lili Points and are some Christmas designs. DMC stitching accessories, eight different pieces of linen and a spool of Soie Surfine thread.


Look at the beautiful ribbons.


Decorative pins by the French designer Butterfly Couture.


Some Kelmscott owl scissors and thread keep, mother of peal buttons and an Eiffel Tower charm the owner gave as a gift.


To say that I have been spoilt is an understatement. It's not often that anyone in my family purchases me anything for my stitching, but when they do, they don't do half measures.

22 comments:

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Awww, you were really spoiled! What great gifts - I'm so happy for you! Enjoy!

Margaret said...

Oh wow! I love all the gifts! Fantastic stuff! Have fun with it all.

Peggy Lee said...

OMIGOSH!!! That's quite a stash builder you have there. No wonder you're in heaven!
Enjoy.

valerie said...

Wow, what a wonderful haul! Fantastic souvenirs!

Deborah said...

You have great parents! What a haul.

Lisa V said...

WOW what an awesome haul you received. How wonderful!
Hugs
LISA V

Mylene said...

wow! Such gorgeous stash. Enjoy!!

Melinda said...

What a stash, WOW!
It's great to see a thimble from Budapest, that's where I live.;)

KarenV said...

Lucky you! That's some great stash :)

Sylvia said...

That was so nice of your parents. It goes to show how much they love you and that they understand your love of stitching.

Katrina said...

Wow, you ARE spoiled :-). What nice presents. Obviously they 'get' how much you like to stitch, LOL.

KaLu - Claudia said...

Oh my goodness! !!! Have you stooped playing with everything? ??? I bet not! I wouldn't I would forget the laundry forget dinner and just play with all the goodies

Your mom sure spoiled you but you deserve all that and more!

Sampler Lover said...

What a wonderful collection of stash that you have received. Love the glass thimble. Its beautiful.

Enjoy coming up with wonderful ideas for them. - Sandra.

Susan said...

Wow! What a great gift from your parents! Enjoy!

Lois said...

Oh my! What gorgeous things your parents came back with! You must have felt like it was your birthday and Christmas rolled into one!

Sally said...

Wow your parents did a fantastic job! What a wonderful stash haul! You must be in 7th heaven:)

Lynn said...

What a wonderful gift!! You must have been very surprised. I love the thimbles, ribbons and marking pins the most. Your parents did a great job at picking items that they knew you would love. Enjoy all those goodies!

Dani - tkdchick said...

I am jealous! Your parents ROCK! What an amazing stash haul!

Felicity said...

Wow! You did well, didn't you?

Cole said...

Wow! What an amazing gift :) I LOVE the glass thimble, it's a beauty!

Brigitte said...

Ohhhh, such wonderful gifts from Europe. Everything is so beautiful and I'm sure that you're still fondling each little giftie.

trillium said...

What nice presents! It's so wonderful to receive the special tools and goodies that brighten our stitching and our days.