Thursday, 9 September 2010

Blackbird Designs Mystery Bonus #2

Design: Rites Of Spring Mystery Bonus #2 (Loose Feathers #31)
Designer: Blackbird Designs
Fabric: 30ct R&R Reproductions - Irish Cream
Thread: Gentle Arts and Weeks Dye Works

I have finished the Blackbird Designs Mystery Bonus #2 that Danielle and I have been working on in a SAL. I really want to start the third one, but I am awaiting my order from overseas to come in with some of the threads that I have started to run quite low on. In this design I couldn't decide on which initials to use, my initials are quite boring (SS). Then I wasn't really sure if I should use my husbands (TP) or my daughter's first letters of their names together which would be AA (not really the right ones to use). In the end I used AP as both of their initials are the same, so two daughters, one initial, yeah! (The stitcher in me must have subconsciously thought of this dilemma when we named them.)

I have been really getting into some crochet and knitting lately. Too much time on my hand with my DH gone. By the way he is back and he bought back some lovely things for me and the girls. I will post again this coming week with lots more to show.

21 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Congratulations on your finish. it is lovely.

KarenV said...

Congratulations Suzanne, it looks lovely!

Lynn said...

What a pretty finish, congratulations!

Chris said...

Beautiful finish!

Chris

Deborah said...

Beautiful piece!

Margaret said...

Beautiful finish! Initials can be hard. My daughter and I share some of the same ones, as does our kitten. lol!

Kathy said...

Your finish is beautiful!

Cole said...

Beautiful finish! And I love the finishes in your last post too! :)

Mylene said...

I Love this design, so beautiful. Congrats on finishing it.

I hope you are having a good week.

Teresa S. said...

This one turned out so nice! It makes me want to pull it out of my basket and get started on the mystery too!

Danielle said...

It looks great! I was doing so well until I made a mistake and had to pick out stitches. I've done that and have been working the section again but have lost a little steam. Must get back to it this weekend!

Berit said...

Beautiful Finish! I'm slowly getting closer to making this one myself--the chart with the 5th section arrived in the mail a couple of days ago--now if only I could decide which linen I want (doing it all on one piece...)

Daffycat said...

This is so lovely!

Jackie said...

Congrats on the finish! Glad your DH is home once again.

Farm Girl said...

Lovely finish, using your daughters intitals is a lovely touch.

Ellen said...

Beautiful! Congrats on finishing Bonus #2. I have planned to stitch this BBD design and hope to start soon.

Hugs,

Sally said...

A gorgeous finish :)

Melissa said...

That is so funny about the initials! How clever of you to think ahead of time because of your stitching! ;-)

The BBD piece is gorgeous!

Siobhan said...

I meant to say, too, in the other comment, that the piece your MIL did for your birthday is lovely! How nice that she did that for you! Great job on your BBD mystery piece, too.

Kajsa said...

It's turning out lovely!

Aussie Stitcher said...

Congratulations on the finish, it is gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing what your DH brought back for you. Happy Belated Birthday!!