Thursday, 14 October 2010

A Blanket for Me

The weather has warmed up and I have lost my stitching mojo. Every night I have been sweating terribly and haven't touched my stitching for at least two weeks. Before my slump I did get a little bit done. Actually I have been in a mega slump for a while. I haven't been commenting on blogs very much, although I have been reading them and I haven't posted for so long.


Here is where I am up to with Margaret Pence by The Goode Huswife. I have completed Adam & Eve and started on the fig tree, but this is where it's going to stay until I get my mojo back.


I pulled out my 12 Blessings Of Christmas by Lizzie*Kate and finished another block. This leaves me with only three more blocks to go. (I really hope this is finished for this Christmas, only several years late!)


My knitted squares blanket is coming along well enough. I have been having trouble with blocking some of the squares. Although I have not touched the iron to the blocks and have only very lightly patted the squares into shape with my hand, some of the stitches look a little squashed and flat.



I have a few more blocks completed for my crocheted squares blanket as well. Sorry I haven't blocked all the squares out  before I took the photo.


Finally, here is the project I have been working on most of my time. It's an octagon blanket that I am crocheting for myself. It's a free pattern that I picked up at the Lionbrand website. I sewed a few blocks together to see what it would look like, but I think I will need to block all the pieces first, they look a little bit wavy.

21 comments:

Lynn said...

Don't worry, your mojo will return. Sometimes it's good to take a break from things. Great job on your WIP!

Margaret said...

Sorry you're in a stitchy slump. Looks like you are doing well in the knit/crochet department though. Love that octagon pattern especially! Your stitching looks great too!

Jackie said...

Don't force it; your mojo will return when it's ready.

Melissa said...

Oh the warm weather will do it to you! It's hard to pick up fibers when it's hot I find! - go with the flow -

I really like your A & E!

KarenV said...

Sorry you've lost your mojo, hope it's only temporary. Your WIPs, both knitted and stitched, look great!

Lois said...

Hope your mojo returns soon. I always find when the weather gets warmer I seem to go on a hiatus with my stitching. Enjoyed seeing all your WIP's!

Vonna said...

Get it back! :)
Your Margaret Pence is lovely and being that I've stitched this one, you've got the worst part done after that fig tree...the rest is just mindless stitching! And it is ever so pretty all framed up :)

Kathy said...

Sorry to hear about your lost stitching mojo. Maybe once the weather cools it will come back. It happens to all of us. Don't worry. Just keep on reading blogs and maybe someone else's finish will inspire you.

Margit said...

I know how you feel! Over here it's the same right now.
Still, you stitching and crochet is wonderful like always!

Julianne said...

Hi Suzanne,

It's good to see a post from you. I hope you and all of your family are doing well.

It's hard to feel like stitching when it's hot out. I hope your weather cools off and that your itch to stitch will come back with renewed zest.

Jules said...

Hopefully you will find your mojo soon! It does look like you found something you enjoy in that last photo, so there's that!! Sometimes you just need to find what keeps you interested and stick with it until finished.

Farm Girl said...

Hope you get your stitching mojo back soon. It's lovely to see a post from you, I always enjoy seeing what you've been up to. Love your crochet and knitting, going to be warm and snuggly when you're done. Take care.

Sally said...

You will get your mojo back soon I am sure. I think we all go through a slump from time to time.

Your WIPs look fantastic and your crochet and knitting look lovely. Looking forward to seeing your blanket all finished up:)

Cheryl said...

Ive hit a stitching and blogging slump too! Good to hear from you anyway :)

Cole said...

Isn't it funny how the mojo comes & goes?? Hopefully yours will come back PDQ! I love the start on your hexagon blanket, can't wait to see more!!

Aussie Stitcher said...

Hope your mojo returns soon. Your wips are looking great. Love the octagon blanket that you are crocheting.

Siobhan said...

Your stitching and knitting are always lovely! Sorry to hear about your slump! I know how hard that is. I am finally climbing out of my slump after it seems like 6 months. I feel like I've been asleep. It's getting warmer there, you have young kids... enjoy your life and them and have fun. Stitching will be there when you wander back to it, and we will always be eager to hear from you when you can manage it. Hang in there and have fun!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Suzanne, sorry to hear you've been in a slump lately!

Sounds like you've caught the hookey bug!

shakatak66 said...

I think we all go through those stitching slump days - I have to admit I was feeling a bit disheartened yesterday when I felt the humidity kick in again ... it'll soon be time when you can't pick up a needle without the fan on full bore :( Your knitting and crochet squares are coming along really well - I especially love the octagonal blanket you're doing, the colours are great :D

Brigitte said...

These blankets will be gorgeous.
I was in a stitching slump, too, during the whole summer, but since the last couple of weeks I'm stitching again and it's just as enjoyable as before. You will find your stitching mojo again, too, maybe after the summer.

Lili said...

Hi Suzanne! Just dropping by to say hi. Your stitching mojo will come back when you miss him ;)
I can't crochet, had a chance to learn but didn't get hooked... ;)
Here in France it's autumn, windy and rainy and almost freezing... Can you feel this cool breeze I'm trying to send to you? No? Well, I really tried hard though... :(
Take care,
Lili Bear