I have made up for lost time with my stitching. I have started the kit by Midsummer Nights Designs that I purchased at the craft show. The design is from the Gift Of Stitching magazine and the kit included everything required to finish the project.
I have almost completed the first part of the hardanger course, also from the Gift Of Stitching magazine. I have found the hardanger is quite enjoyable and not as difficult as I first thought, although the cutting of the linen did make my heart race a little faster.
I have some more progress on my Blackbird Designs Mystery Sampler. There are quite a lot of colour changes in this portion, so it's taking a while. The circle is another thing that takes a long time. Lots of counting going on as I really do want the circle to join eventually.
I made a new start the other day as I found the most amazing Babushka fabric and Aurelia would love me to stitch a pillow using the fabric. Gazette94 has some beautiful patterns, so I am using three of these and going to stitch her a long pillow.
While I was sick, concentrating on stitching gave me an enormous headache, so I did a little crocheting. I made the girls a pair of slippers each using leftover yarn. Amelie's are quite plain, but Aurelia wanted fairy slippers and chose this amazing textured hand-dyed yarn. The only problem the colour of the yarn changed as I went along, so one slipper is quite purple and the other more pink. I also had a hard time getting the strap across the top to line up. I measured and measured and measured and still I got it wrong. The girls loved their slippers until Grandma bought them pink fairy slippers and now these are considered yucky.
I made a start on The Scarlet Letter's 1800 Gift Pincushion. I haven't got very far because it's all over one. Believe it or not, this is one nights work, pretty lame!
Aurelia thankfully changed her mind about her Christmas ornament for this year and has decided on an angel, the original one was the Snow Globe from last years JCS ornament issue. So here is the progress on Noel by Prairie Moon from the 2008 JCS ornament issue.
Here is the progress on my Folk Art Pincushion by Carriage House Samplings. I have stitched it over two using DMC on 40ct linen. I basically only have the background filling to finish, but it's taking so long.
I have made a pitiful restart on Margaret Pence by The Goode Huswife, but as you can see from the photo, there is very little done. I was quite annoyed that I had to frog this design out three times before I got it right. Serves me right for stitching when I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open.
I have also made a little more progress on Hannah Lancaster. I have stopped working on her though, as I wait for Sandra, Deb and Sandra's friend Tawny to catch up. She is really hard to just let go and not touch. Despite the fact that I hate stitching borders, this one is not too bad and I am actually enjoying it.
Apart from all that I have two exchanges that I am working on, but can't share for a while. I also have two PIF's that have to be mailed, one just needs the final finishing and I will share those once they have been received.
All in all, I think I have way too much going on and I need to get some of these pieces finished and out of the way. Perhaps starting so many projects was not such a great idea.