Monday, 3 January 2011

A Catch Up On Last Year

I have been pretty slack with updates of what we have been up to in the last few months. This is a bit of a long post with lots of photos, so please bear with me.

First of all I would like to show you some photos of Amelie's 2nd birthday party way back in October. I feel kind of bad not having posted this earlier, considering I posted Aurelia's a few days after her birthday.


My DH decorated the cake again this year and we chose The Hungry Caterpillar as the theme. I think he did an awesome job with the decorating.


Later in the year my DH was presented with his Long Service Medal for 16 years of voluntary service with the NSW Rural Fire Service. There was a nice formal presentation held at our fire brigade. Later that evening along with the children and my parents, we celebrated at a wonderful Swiss restaurant. My DH had the cheese fondue and absolutely loved it.


Finally, here are some photos of the girls at Christmas. As you can see from the last photo Aurelia received a whole lot of Lego. It was the toy of choice by all concerned.


A new year has begun, so it's a time to reflect on what I achieved with my stitching over the previous year.
  • 12 Blessings of Christmas by Lizzie Kate - still not finished but one square closer
  • Red Thread by Bent Creek - only just over halfway there, so very little change from last year
  • Angel of Winter by Lavender Angels - not a stitch was put in her for another year
  • Two exchanges for Hooked On Exchanging
  • Two exchanges for Friends Through Thread
  • Put a little more stitching into finishing the Little House Needleworks RR
  • Completed the Emblem Of Love RR
  • 21 finishes
  • 12 finishes for myself
  • 9 finishes for others
  • 15 WIP's
Sadly I didn't stitch anywhere near what I had hoped, but I did stitch more for myself that I did for others which is a good thing. I also stitched some larger pieces than usual, but now I have more WIP's than I did this time last year. I did finish stitching my PIF's, so those waiting on them, I am so very sorry and will get my act together and post them out this month.

Here is a detailed list of my finishes:

The Sampling - Bent Creek

Flax Fields - Carriage House Samplings
My Needle and My Floss - Waxing Moon Designs
The Red Thread Snappers - Bent Creek - Picnic
An Emblem Of Love - With My Needle - Edgar's RR
Alphabet Tree - Blue Ribbon Designs (FTT Pinkeep exchange)
An Emblem Of Love - Wendy Jo's RR - With My Needle
Savoir Faire - Blackbird Designs (Gift)
Rites Of Spring - Blackbird Designs
An Emblem Of Love - With My Needle - Maragret's RR
Sweet Baby - Shepherd's Bush Printworks
Running Stag - Carriage House Samplings
An Emblem Of Love - With My Needle - Carol's RR
Where My Heart Blooms Mystery Bonus #1 - Blackbird Designs
Five Birds - Barrick Samplers (HoE ABC exchange)
Noel - Prairie Moon
Wee Rooster - Heart In Hand (HoE For The Birds exchange)
Beginner's Hardanger Course - Meg Shinall
Rites Of Spring Mystery Bonus #2 - Blackbird Designs
Necessities Sampler - Little House Needleworks (FTT LHN exchange)
12 Blessings Of Christmas - Lizzie*Kate - Hope

I have begun stitching again, so my next post will have lots of stitchy pictures.

14 comments:

KarenV said...

Great photos! The girls obviously had a fun Christmas :) I think you did great stitching-wise last year, considering the circumstances, you had some lovely finishes.

Brigitte said...

Oh Suzanne, you have two adorable little girls. I just love your family pictures. Everyone seems to have had a great time lately.
You had a considerable amount of finishes last year. Great job!
Wishing you a lot of stitching time this year.

Lynn said...

I loved seeing the updated photos of the girls. Looks like they had a great Christmas.
I think that considering you have 2 little ones at home that you did an awesome job with the finishes you completed! I look forward to watching your new stitches for this year.

Peggy Lee said...

You have a beautiful family!
Can't wait to see pics of your finishes.

Jackie said...

Your girls are adorable! It looks like your family had a fantastic holiday. The caterpillar cake look scrumptious and fun.

You did a ton of stitching this year! I refuse to feel guilty about how much accomplished hobby wise - it's so theraputic for me. A finish is just a bonus!

Margaret said...

Your girls are so beautiful! I loved seeing all the pics -- congrats to your husband as well. And your stitching -- you got a lot accomplished this past year! I'm glad you're back to stitching. Loved seeing all the pictures!

Cheryl said...

Lovely post! Your girls are gorgeous. Your oldest really looks like you!
What a great caterpillar cake :-)
Happy New Year to you and your family

Kathy A. said...

Wonderful update post. The photos of the girls are priceless. They are growing in leaps and bounds and get more beautiful each year.
You have an impressive list of finishes! Look forward to your 2011 stitches.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your girls are just adorable!

Rowyn said...

Your girls are just gorgeous Suzanne. I can't believe Amelie is two already. Your DH did an awesome job with the cake!

Jaimie said...

Wow you have alot of finishes! Very impressive. The pics are simply adorable. The girls are really growing up fast! That hungry caterpillar cake looked mighty good too. Hope you are doing well and have a great day!

Farm Girl said...

Hi Suzanne - your girls are so beautiful. Looks like Amelie had a wonderful birthday and that Christmas was great for everyone! You finished so much stitching in 2010 - good luck for 2011.

KaLu - Claudia said...

Suzanne Amelie and Aurelia are so prettttty! I cant believe how much both have grown and so fast!

the cake for amelie is so cute! YOur hubby is so creative !

Merry late Xmas and may you and your wonderful family have an awesome 2011 =D

Siobhan said...

Great photos, Suzanne! The girls have gotten so much bigger since you last posted pics. They are so pretty! It looks like they had a fabulous Christmas. :)

Wow, I am AMAZED at all that you accomplished in 2010! And with two little kids. You go girl!