Friday, 11 February 2011

Almost Melted!

Unfortunately that's how we have been feeling the last week. Sunday was the eighth day straight that we had really hot weather. Most days had been 40C or above and the nights were not cooling down very much. We were impatiently waiting the cool change that was supposed to arrive on Sunday morning, so we could open the house up and allow it to cool down, unfortunately it came way to late in the afternoon. The girls had been stuck in the house most of the time because it's too hot to go outside. On top of that DH had been in Japan for 10 days and the girls had been driving me crazy.

He arrived home last Wednesday and the first thing we did was to take the girls down to the indoor pool to cool down. On Thursday we took them to the Jenolan Caves, again a nice welcome cool down, the caves are a very pleasant 18C all the time. My two little explorers had an awesome time and enjoyed going down into the caves and enjoyed a great picnic afterwards.


While my DH has been away and the weather too hot to go out, I have been stitching as much as I can. The heat has seen to in that most days my hands are too sweaty to even touch fabric and thread, but with the air-conditioner and ceiling fans on in the evening, I have been able to enjoy many an hour stitching away. Another post will follow tomorrow.

12 comments:

Peggy Lee said...

Beautiful cave pictures.
I can hardly imagine it being "too hot". We are freezing to death here. Soon it will be our turn.

Margaret said...

Isn't it awful how the weather always seems to go to the extremes? Too hot there, too cold here. Glad your DH is home now and you got to take the girls on some outings. The cave looks so cool! Glad you have ac!

Lisa V said...

I feel your pain! We are also getting hot temps, mid to high 30's. YUCK, roll on Winter I say.
Hugs
LISA V

RuthB said...

Wow the caves are stunning. I wish you better stitching/living weather soon -- being a Southern California girl living without air conditioning, I completely understand the misery of being too hot to stich.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Suzanne, I'm sorry to hear its been unberably hot for you. Wow those caves are wayyy too cool!

Farm Girl said...

Those caves are amazing - and at least they were cool too! Hope things cool down for you all soon. I hope you have a great weekend.

Sampler Lover said...

Hi Suzanne, how are you today. It is all misty up here today and so cool. Glad your DH arrived home safe and sound and hopefully the girls will be a lot better for you.

Isn't the Jenolan Caves a stunning place. - Sandra.

Lois said...

I would just melt in that heat! The pics are great, those caves would have been so lovely and cool!

Lynn said...

I'm sure those caves were a welcome reprieve from all that heat. I visited some similar caves in the US when I was younger and still remember how awesome they were.
You're welcome to send a little of that heat our way or you could come for a visit. That would cool you down quickly!

Mylene said...

Great pictures! Hope it cools down soon for you.

Aussie Stitcher said...

We haven't had it as hot as what you have, south eastern Victoria, but the humidity has been un-bearable. My FIL came for a couple of days and we went to Buchan caves, I was disappointed when the tour ended. We have been to Jenolan caves are spectacular, but I was not too fond of the drive in and out of them.

Siobhan said...

Beautiful girls--and cave pics! ;) Ugh on the heat! I can take the cold much better than the heat. I hope it gets a bit more comfortable for you soon!