Firstly I would like to show you the cutest PIF Sonda sent. It arrived last week and being the slacker that I am, took this long to post to my blog. What a lovely surprise I had, I love autumn designs and colours and this piece is no exception. It's a part of the Autumn Band Sampler by Elizabeth Designs. Thank you Sonda, I love this piece and have already put it on display.
I have a confession to make, I did a naughty thing. Last weekend I put a massive order in to my favourite ONS for the new With My Needle - Miss Trenner's Needlework Academy Limited Edition Kit. I also purchased the scissors and thread winders to go with it, all the thread, the new Blackbird Designs book and several other charts, fibres and accessories. I figured that if I didn't order the Limited Edition kit, I would regret the decision and kick myself afterwards. Besides, it's probably the last order I will make until well after the baby is born. Well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!
I managed to get a few of my WIP's out of the way. The first is Aurelia's Christmas ornament from last year. I still need to finish it, but at least the stitching part is complete.
Design: Little Angel In The Clouds
Designer: Heart In Hand
Fabric: 32ct Belfast linen - Dirty linen
Thread: Gentle Art, Weeks Dye Works & DMC
The next piece I finished stitching is the pincushion design from Carriage House Samplings. I purchased some black velvet to back this piece and I plan to coffee stain the piece before assembling. I hope that it all turns out how I picture it in my head. I am going to use the contents of my ort jar to stuff it, but will probably have to add some fibre-fill to bulk it up.
Design: Folk Art Pincushion
Designer: Carriage House Samplings
Fabric: 40ct Newcastle linen - White
I decided to get another WIP out of the way. This is a biscornu I started way back, perhaps the year before last and never got around to finishing it. I was after a frog button or bead for the top of the biscornu, but I just couldn't find what I was after. In the end I had to settle for the pink button instead.
I spent some more time on Hannah Lancaster as well. You may not see the progress, but I filled a lot of the house in and started on the roof. I am now trying to work across the top of the piece.
I put a few more stitches into my hardanger piece as well and finished the second part of class two. Progress was slow as I was finding the bars a little difficult to wrap. The thread kept bunching up and I had to re-wrap the bar again and again. I have outlined the edge of where I have to start cutting for part three of the class, the Lacy Buttonhole Edge.
I have also completed another block of my Red Thread piece from Bent Creek. Aurelia was at me to attach the snaps to the piece, so we attached all that we could for the time being. I am not sure that I like the snaps, but they do finish each block. I am now down to only three blocks to go. I think I will concentrate on getting the border caught up to the blocks before stitching any more blocks.
I also completed the two PIFs which are ready to post out on this week and the reindeer ornament for the Hooked On Exchanging ornament exchange has already gone out. I will post pictures of these as they are received.
The made a new start with a freebie from Carriage House Samplings and it's called My Love I Give To Thee. As I started stitching using the recommended DMC, I wasn't so sure about the colours, but now the lady is finished I am happier with them.
I have been working on a number of other pieces as well, but I needed to reduce the size of my post. I will share them on a later post. I have a few other new starts lined up, but I need to build up the courage to cut my fat quarters of linen to the correct size. I am always looking at the best way to cut, so I can optimise the remaining fabric for future projects. (It's the engineer in me and I can't help it!)
Finally I don't think that I have shown this piece to you. I am crocheting a blanket for the baby. It's Granny's Baby Throw and a free design on the Lion Brand website. I am using pure Australian wool (Cleckheaton Country 8ply) for this project and chose colours that closely matched those on the website. I have almost completed three of the four blocks. So I am pretty confident that this will be completed before the baby is born.