Wednesday, 2 March 2011

Stash, Finishes and Exchanges!

I pre-ordered some new stash from Market a few weeks ago and what amazingly prompt service I received. My parcel only took 4 days to arrive and everything was prefect. As I mentioned in my previous post I purchased Miss Trenner's Needlework Academy Limited Edition Kit by With My Needle, I also purchased the hare thread winders and storklet scissors from Kelmscott Designs to go with the kit.


Then there were a few charts I just couldn't resist. The two new Blackbird Designs Anniversary Of The Heart series and their new Stitcher's Journey book (well worth the cost!!). I picked up the two charts from Carriage House Samplings, oldies, but goodies and finally one more chart by With My Needle.


There was plenty more stash in the way of fibres, but I decided not to photograph all of that as well.

This week I received the most gorgeous Christmas ornament from Lynn for the Hooked On Exchanging Reindeer Ornament Exchange. Lynn stitched a design by Daffycat and substituted the French knots with little beads. I can't wait to hang it up on my Christmas tree this year.


Then I heard that Lisa had received the ornament I stitched for her. I was a little undecided on the colour, but once it all came together, I was really pleased with the result. I purchased a wave blade for my rotary cutter and used that to cut out the felt. I think it turned out pretty good for a first go. A little more practice and I think I will have the technique down pat.


Design: Reindeer
Designer: Over The Moon Designs
Fabric: 28ct Cashel linen - White
Thread: DMC
Finish: Christmas ornament

Finally I made a final push and finished off my baby's blanket. A couple of nights work and it was all completed. I was a little undecided on the edging, but decided to go with the edging in the pattern. Sorry for the wavy shape of the blanket, I still haven't got round to blocking it.


Design: Granny's Baby Throw
Designer: Lion Brand - Pattern 90342B
Yarn: Cleckheaton Country 8ply - 100% Pure New Australian Wool
(Colours 2267, 1935, 2294, 1962, 0003)


I do have some new starts that I have been working on, but I am really close to another finish, so they will have to wait until another post. Sorry, I am such a tease, but I just want to make sure you come back for another visit!

28 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely new stash. Gorgeous ornaments sent and received. Look forward to seeing your finishes.

Farm Girl said...

Fsbulous new stash - your reindeer exchange pieces are both beautiful.

Margaret said...

I love your stash! The reindeer exchange pieces are wonderful, as is the blanket for your baby.

Jackie said...

Wonder stash acquisition! The ornaments are great too. I finished my first one this weekend and more work goes into them than I expected.

Nancy said...

Enjoy your new stash! It's so fun to get even if you don't use it right away.

I love the reindeer ornaments - both given and received - and I think you already have the felt finishing down pat!

Dianne said...

the with my needle kit looks fabulous! those boxes are worth the whole purchase ;)

Vonna said...

Great Stash...I love the WMN boxes...looked at those pretty hard myself.
And the ornaments both given and received are lovely.

Ranae said...

I love that LE kit
Pretty baby blanket and the ornaments for exchanges are both perfctly finished

Mylene said...

Lots of lovely new stash!!
Wonderful exchanges both sent and received and great job on the blanket for the baby, lovely colour!

Jules said...

Stash-tastic!!! Love the ornie you received and sent! Beautiful color choice and the wavy-ness adds a touch of elegance to it.

Ellen said...

Wow, gorgeous stash! I am waiting for mine to arrive soon.

Both the reindeer ornaments are beautiful! I love your choice of color and finishing.

Hugs,

Elaine said...

Wonderful new stash,those boxes are so pretty!
The Ornaments both sent and received are beautiful.

Valerie said...

Wow! What great new stash! I just love sitting down and looking through all of my new charts...at least I can DREAM that I can get them all stitched ;-)

Oh and the Granny's Baby Throw is lovely! My grandmother crocheted all of the time and I am lucky enough to have several of her afghans. One day I too will learn...

Barbara J said...

Thanks for coming by my blog Suzanne. Some lovely stash you've got there!

Sally said...

Lovely new stash! I'm waiting for the BBD book to reach me! Hope it won't be much longer but it seems to be on a slow boat ( or plane lol!).

Lovely exchange pieces.

Love the throw!

Deb said...

Love all that new stash that you received. It's always so much fun receiving things like that in the mail.

Wonderful exchange pieces too. And love the colors of your throw.

Kathy A. said...

Now that's some serious new stash. Way to go girl!
The two reindeer ornaments are wonderful. The little silver bell is special.
Love the baby blanket. Nice colors.

Jan said...

Wow, Suzanne, you received some lovely new stash!! The ornaments are so pretty and your baby blanket finish is oh so charming and I know it must be comfy!!

Hsve a great week!

Brigitte said...

Oh Suzanne, you've got some wonderful new stash. That With My Needle project is so very special. Everything promises a lot of stitching fun.

Lynn said...

Fantastic stash purchases! Love the boxes too.
Both reindeer ornaments are really cute. I love the little bell you used for yours.

sampler lover said...

Wonderful stash Suzanne. I love what you got. Both ornaments are really lovely. I like the way you have used the wave effect on yours. - Sandra.

The Scarlett House said...

Oh, so you're one of the lucky ones to get those Kits. Very nice and your other stash enhancements are, too. Enjoy!

Measi said...

I saw those boxes at a retreat I attended a couple weeks ago - they look wonderful!

Happy stitching to you.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Lots of great new stash there!!! What lovely ornaments sent and received. I really like how you finished yours. Is there mat board or something to give your ornament a little firmness?

Daffycat said...

Yummy stash!!!

I really love the blue reindeer you stitched. Your finishing is just perfect!

Siobhan said...

Nice new stash!

Great job on the exchange--your finishing is perfect! I love your baby blanket, too.

Crazee4books said...

Hi Suzanne,

I've been catching up on all your
previous posts and seeing what
you and your family have been up
to in the New Year. Loved the
pictures of your girls opening
their gifts on Christmas morning.

I have decided that there is no
way that I can comment on all
your stitching projects because there's just too darn many of them. My comment would be
longer then my arm, and that's
if I kept it brief!! Suffice it
to say ... My, but you have been
a busy stitcher, haven't you?
And everything looks amazing.

How wonderful that you've been
able to treat yourself to the
Miss Trenner's (etc) limited
addition kit. Such a beautiful
project and a worth while invest-
ment for sure. You'll have a
real treasure of a keepsake
when it's finished.

The rest of your new stash is
terrific too, especially those
two Hawk Run Hollow charts. I
love the look of the Blackbird
Designs Stitcher's Journey book
too.

The Reindeer ornament that you
stitched for Lisa is really
lovely and quite striking in
that blue color. I really like
it. The blue felt is a perfect
match to the thread color.

The baby blanket is so pretty
with all those beautiful
colors worked into each square.
I'm sure that the new baby will
find it to be the perfect place
to snuggle in and nap on.

Hope the cooler weather has
given you some respite from
the heat of summer. If you
need any of our colder temps
just let me know and I'll see
if we can't send some of it
your way. Warning: cooler
weather may be accompanied
by snow - no extra charge.

Cheers!

Faye said...

Hello Suzanne, I happened across your blog and love it!! Especially all the latest stash you purchased!! Good job on the rotary cutter...I used mine for the first time at Christmas and love it!! But, I need to keep practicing so I can get better... Wanted to introduce myself..Good job, Faye