Friday, 6 May 2011

Eliza Sloan

This is just a very quick post to show you some of my recent finishes and an exchange I received.


Design: Eliza Sloan
Designer: The Goode Huswife
Fabric: 32ct Belfast linen - Ecru
Thread: DMC

For the Hooked On Exchanging Quaker Ornament exchange, I stitched Kathy the following design. It was a very fun stitch and I must admit I liked stitching this in the octagonal shape and it was no more difficult than a square.



Design: Christmas Swan Needlebook
Designer: With My Needle (2004 JCS Ornament Issue)
Fabric: 32ct Belfast linen - Toasted Almond
Thread: DMC
Finish: Christmas Ornament

I received the ornament that Amy stitched for me this week as well and it is so gorgeous. The design is by Milady's Needle and is called Quaker Smalls. Amy told me that her fourteen year old daughter did the finishing for this one. I think she did a fantastic job.


Finally, I finished last month the first letter in the Alphabet Block SAL that I am doing with Cheryl. Don't ask why I started with the letter F, but it was the wrong letter, so my layout for the book now has to change. I have stitched this design over one and there was no way that I was going to frog this one out.

21 comments:

Margit said...

All your stitching and the finish is very neat. But I am in LOVE with your Christmas Swan Needlebook!!! ☺

KarenV said...

Eliza Sloan looks great Suzanne! I love the Christmas Swan needlebook, you've finished it perfectly and that's a lovely exchange you received too.

Jackie said...

Congrats on your finishes! They're all beautiful.

I think I need to take lessons on finishing from a certain 14 year old!

Margaret said...

Oh I love all your stitching! Also the piece you received for the exchange. I don't blame you for not wanting to frog the F for Farm. Over one ripping is not fun. It's so pretty -- that's going to be a great piece!

Vonna said...

Eliza is pretty as a picture and all of your exchange pieces are gorgeous!

Lesleyanne said...

A lovely finish. Great exchanges sent and received. Great new start to your sal.

Lynn said...

Eliza is a wonderful finish Suzanne! Congrats.
I love all of your exchange pieces too.

Nancy said...

Lovely stitching! Really love Christmas swan!

Ranae said...

Beautiful stitching pieces, love Eliza
The exchanges are perfect
Bummer about the letter F
Take care!!

valerie said...

I'm in love with your quaker swan ornie. It's fabulous and you finished it perfectly. Amy's daughter finished that ornie perfectly too! Eliza is gorgeous!

Ellen said...

Eliza is gorgeous! Love your Christmas Swan too, the shape is unique!

Enjoy your exchange ornie, Amy did a great job!

Hugs,

Cheryl said...

Congrats on finishing your F block :) Looks great. I find stitching over 1 hard. I havent finished a block, surprise surprise, but we're going away on holiday this week and i hope to stitch more x

Lois said...

Love your Eliza Sloan finish! Also, what a nice exchange piece both sent and received.

Susan said...

Eliza Sloan is lovely!

I love the exchanges, both sent and received - very pretty.

Happy (belated) Mother's Day, Suzanne!

sampler lover said...

Eliza looks beautiful Suzanne and your other pieces. They all look lovely. Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day - Sandra.

Sally said...

Elisa is gorgeous, Suzanne, as are your other finishes. Love the ornament you received.

Andrea said...

A lovely finish. Two wonderful ornaments as well.

Mylene said...

The sampler looks great and oh i love that ornament you made for the exchange, very neat. Lovely exchange ornament received too.

Katrina said...

Love Eliza Sloan and your finishes are so sweet!

Farm Girl said...

Your Eliza is beautiful, congrats on such a wonderful finish. The little needlebook is so dainty, I'm glad to hear it isn't too difficult, I'd love to try something like that one day.

Siobhan said...

Congrats on Eliza! I am hoping to get to mine sometime soon. Lovely exchange pieces! Nice job on Farm, too.