Tuesday, 31 May 2011

Margaret Pence

Blogger has been a little funny this last two weeks and I have been having trouble logging in and even commenting, the logging in part has been resolved, but the commenting part is still causing problems. If I haven't commented on your blog, it's not because I don't want to, it's because I can't.

Here is another piece that I finished Friday two weeks ago and it's my first A&E design. I am so happy to have this piece finished as I really struggled with lots of frogging and miscounting and such. I am really pleased how it has turned out though and I do want to coffee dye it one more time now that it's completed.


Design: Margaret Pence
Designer: The Goode Huswife
Fabric: 40ct Newcastle linen - White (coffee basted/baked)
Thread: DMC

The weather turned quite cold earlier this month and it was time to clean out the summer clothes and load the winter clothes into the wardrobe. Now Aurelia has grown quite a bit since last winter and she wanted me to crochet a new beanie for her. One afternoon's work and here is what I came up with.


Design: Shell Stitch Baby Hat & Flower from Best Baby Cloche (both on Ravelry)
Designer: Anna Ayling & Anneliese Shapiro
Yarn: Cleckheaton Country 8ply - 100% Pure New Australian Wool (Colours 2267, 1962, 0003)
Hook Size: 6mm/US J

Now I have been quite a busy stitcher and have finally finished the last square of the Red Thread series from Bent Creek.  What a relief that after three years stitching on this piece it's finally finished! I realised that after the photos were taken, I had forgotten to sew on the buttons. Maybe a job to do just before I make this piece into a long pillow.






Design: The Red Thread Snappers- Snowman, Heart Of Love, Fly A Kite, Smell The Flowers, Maypole, Road Trip, Picnic, Ocean Voyage, County Fair, Wreath, Thankful, Connected
Designer: Bent Creek
Fabric: 32ct Belfast linen - Platinum
Thread:  Weeks Dye Works, Gentle Art Sampler Thread, DMC with JABCo buttons

On Saturday I purchased quite a number of different yarns to complete some crochet projects I have a mind to get done when feeding the baby. That night I couldn't resist a start and made up this very quick scarf. It's so soft, but nice and chunky and warm. It will be good for our morning walks when the baby is born. I had enough wool left over, so I think I will be making a nice chunky beanie to go with it.


Design: Giant Scarf
Designer: The Art Of Crochet Series - Issue 4
Yarn: Patons Wilderness - 70% Wool, 20% Acrylic, 10% Viscose (Colour 0505)
Hook Size: 9mm/US M

Well, I only have 6 days to go before my due date. The house is in order, the freezer is full of meals I have prepared and all my sewing is packed to take to the hospital with me. Now the waiting game begins!

20 comments:

valerie said...

Great finishes Suzanne! I love your scarf. Good luck on your delivery. I hope that everything goes smoothly.

Dianne said...

Love the Bent Creek finish! It's one of my very long time WIPs too...and would LOVE to one day finish it.

Teresa S. said...

You are getting so much accomplished! It must be that little bit of energy spike just before birth?? Margaret Pence is adorable, but I like Bent Creek too. Good luck with the baby and keep us posted!

Margaret said...

All your finishes are so great! And you are so prepared! Wow! Meals in the freezer even. Good for you! I hope everything goes well and you'll have a new little one to cuddle this time next week!

Jackie said...

Congratulations on your finishes! Both are beautiful. Cooler weather sounds wonderful to me.

It sounds like you're very prepared for the baby to come. Things will be much more hectic for you soon so that preparation is really going to pay off!

Ellen said...

Wow, so many finishes! Love Bent Creek Red Thread Snapper, your stitching is gorgeous! Love your crochet too!

Gook luck and can't wait to see the little one!

Hugs,

Lisa V said...

Golly Gosh Suzanne, that time has gone quickly, can't believe the baby is nearly here.
Cant wait for that introductory post for the new little one!
Love your stitching finishes too.
Hugs
LISA V

Melissa said...

OMG, 6 days left? Good luck and here you're saying you are all organized and you have all your sewing packed to take to the hospital...are you nutty, or just incredibly organized and want to keep busy? I laughed when I read that!

Seriously though, all the best!

Love your stitching and knitting too!

Deborah said...

Love your A&E piece. Good luck and can't wait to see the announcement.

Wendy said...

Wow, so much work! Love the cloche - I made one in white recently.

I wanted to let you know that you can comment. Type your message, scroll down and select Google Account, it'll take you to your log in page. Make sure the box marked "Keep me signed in" is NOT checked and you'll be able to comment

Lynn said...

So many lovely finishes! I love the A&E piece. Despite your problems with it, it has turned out wonderful.
The cloche and scarf are great too!

Good luck with the birth. I hope all goes well. I'll be watching for the announcement of her/his arrival!

Deb said...

You are getting so many things accomplished! I love your Margaret Pence and can't wait to see her dyed and framed. Love your beanie and scarf too. And your Bent Creek piece is adorable.

May you have a speedy delivery. And hope that you will post pictures of the new little one!!

samplerlover said...

Hi Suzanne, Margaret Pence looks lovely and I'm looking forward to seeing her framed. Love your Scarf it is lovely. I have always loved this colour and it will be perfect on those cold chilly wind off the Mountains mornings. - Sandra.

Lois said...

What nice finishes! I hope all goes well with the birth!!

Sally said...

Margaret Pence is gorgeous and I LOVE your Red Thread finish.

Gorgeous scarf and beanie hat too.

Good luck with the birth:)

Margaret said...

Gorgeous finishes.

Looks like nesting instincts have taken over in these last days before the arrival of the little one. Sending many good thoughts your way.

hugs, Margaret

Barbara J said...

Gosh Suzanne, it looks like you've been mighty busy with so many finishes. Love Margaret Pence and the Bent Creek piece. Great work!

Siobhan said...

Beautiful finishes, Suzanne! I love Margaret Pence--though I am always wanting to call that sampler after Margaret from Days of a Sampler Lover! LOL The beanie and scarf--amazing!!

Daffycat said...

It's not just you, Blogger is giving us ALL fits these days. I posted a "fix" on my blog recently so a lot of people are changing their comment form so we can comment again.

cross stitch kits said...

love the adam and eve design. Red thread snappers is beautiful too.