Tuesday, 10 May 2011

Mother's Day

I hope that you all had a wonderful Mother's Day, I know I certainly did. We spent the day in Sydney, first by having Yum Cha for lunch, then I took a stroll to a very big yarn store all on my own (bliss). We then travelled by train down to the harbour where we took a lovely trip on a ferry across the harbour and back. I am feeling very worn out after all this travel, but it was fun and it is the last big family outing we will have before the baby is born.






For Mother's Day I made my Mother and Grandmother a pincushion each. I even put together the pins using some antique beads. These were a lot of fun, although I really couldn't count with my stitches very well and I have no idea how I came up with the numbers for the amount of fabric I needed, because I got that all wrong as well. At least they worked out well and I am really happy with them.



Design: Tulip Pincushion
Designer: Blackbird Designs (from the book A Stitcher's Journey)
Fabric: 32ct Belfast linen - Ecru (coffee baked and basted)
Thread: DMC
Finish: Pincushion



Design: Summer Sachet
Designer: Blackbird Designs (from the book A Stitcher's Journey)
Fabric: 32ct Belfast linen - Clay
Thread: DMC
Finish: Pincushion

22 comments:

Rowyn said...

Glad you had a lovely Mothers Day. I love the pincushions you made - so pretty.

Your daughters are beautiful!

Nicola said...

The pincushions you made are just gorgeous!

Margit said...

Your girls are sooo cute!
Wonderful pinsushions for your Mothers Day recepients. ☺

Lesleyanne said...

The pincushions are lovely. Great pictures of your day out.

Margaret said...

Your mother's day sounds wonderful! Love the pincushions and pins you made for your mother and grandmother. Very nice! Are you getting excited about the new baby yet? :D

Jackie said...

What beautiful pictures of Sydney! It looks like a lovely day and your kids are just precious!

The pincushions are wonderful! Did you coffee bake the rick rack and lace too? They look very vintage - perfect for the pincushions!

Melissa said...

What a lovely Mother's Day! I love your photos. Your girls are growing up! I love the colours you used for your stitched pieces.

I noticed you call your lunch Yum Cha, which I can understand why. Here in Canada, we call it Dim Sum. No matter it's always yummy!

Nancy said...

Glad you had a great Mother's Day! Your girls are precious!

Those pin cushions are beautiful!

Elaine said...

Glad you have a lovely Mothers Day , your girls are adorable.
Love the colours and finishing on your pincushions there beautiful.
Thanks for sharing the wonderful photographs.

Andrea said...

Gorgeous photos. Your gifts are just perfect. Love how you have finished them.

marly said...

I LOVE those pincushions! Hannah is beautiful too, an all time favorite, but the little projects are so sweet! As are chestnuts - love 'em!

Ellen said...

Gorgeous pincushions, love them!

Your girls are adorable!

Hugs,

Sally said...

Awww your girls are so sweet. Lovely photos of your day out.

Then pincushions you made are gorgeous.

KarenV said...

Your pincushions are gorgeous Suzanne, I love the way you finished them, with the lace and buttons, very pretty!

Siobhan said...

Happy belated Mother's Day!! Your daughters are adorable. It looks like you had a great time! I enjoyed the photos.

The pincushions you made are fantastic!

Mylene said...

Lovely pictures of your daughters and amazing pictures of the harbour.

Such lovely pincushions, great job!

Lynn said...

Your daughters are both adorable! Thanks for sharing their pictures as well as those awesome pictures of Sydney. Makes me wish I could visit!
I love both the pincushions you made for your family. Your finishing of them is superb!

Felicity said...

Yum cha is always good. Stitching is cute! My home town is still standing, I see. LOL

Looking forward to reading about the safe arrival of No 3 very soon.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your days out are always captured so beautifully in photos! Australia is truly a beautiful land I hope to visit someday (when I win the lotto?).

Those pincushions are just lovely!

KaLu - Claudia said...

Happy late mother's day !!!!

Both pincushions are beautiful! i love the soft colors

Patty C. said...

Love the pincushions - They are beautiful ;)

Lili Bear said...

Yummy! Lovely stitching...
The girls are growing up so fast!!!