Tuesday, 13 December 2011

Christmas Ornaments and Other Things

I have completed the first set of ornaments for the children. Following the tutorial on Le Monde de Sucrette for the Little Christmas Socks, I changed out the colours for each of the children. Amelie was happy with my colour selection and well Felix had no say and Aurelia wanted something with lots of colours, beads and sparkly things. I stitched each of the name tags and attached them to the stocking after it was done. It's a pretty easy piece to make and each can be easily done in a night. Best of all these stockings are great for using up lots of little bits of leftover yarn. I have candy canes, individually wrapped biscotti and chocolates to put in them for Christmas morning.





Design: Little Christmas Socks

The other ornaments are almost done, but I am awaiting an order from the US before I can finish them completely.

I have been working away at a very long running WIP. I was determined to complete 'The 12 Blessings Of Christmas' by Lizzie*Kate before Christmas and I can finally say it's done.




Design: Love, Friends, Hope, Charity, Joy, Song, Giving, Caring, Family, Faith, Home, Peace (12 Blessings Of Christmas)
Designer: Lizzie*Kate
Fabric: 32ct Belfast linen - Platinum
Thread: Gentle Arts, Weeks Dye Works, DMC


I recently sent Rowyn a little pincushion as a thank you for sending me the magazine with the CHS chart. Rowyn received her parcel this week, so I can finally show the pincushion off. I tea stained the pillow and rickrack after the pillow had been assembled.


Design: Summer Stars Pincushion
Designer: Blackbird Designs (A Stitcher's Journey)
Fabric: 32ct R&R Reproductions linen - House Blend
Thread: Gentle Arts
Finish: Pincushion

Quite a while back I made a great friend via my blog. Cindy and I have kept in touch for quite some time now. I recently sent Cindy a pillow I made as a little gift and she let me know that it arrived today, so here it is.


Design: Sarah's ABC Pincushion
Designer: Blackbird Designs (Thank you, Sarah Tobias Book)
Fabric: 32ct R&R Reproductions linen - House Blend
Thread: Thread Gatherer Silk N' Colours & Anchor for braid
Finish: Pincushion

I had forgotten that I had stitched this little scissor fob quite some time ago, so here goes another finish. It was a fun and quick design to do.



Design: Collaboration Spring Box (Scissor Fob)
Designer: MTV Designs & Mingiustitch (Gift Of Stitching Magazine Issue 51 April 2010)
Fabric: 32ct Wichelt linen - Lambswool
Thread: DMC & Mill Hill beads
Finish: Scissor Fob

22 comments:

Siobhan said...

Oh my gosh, what fantastic finishes!! I love the little Christmas stockings--I'm sure the kids must love them. Congratulations on finishing up a long-standing WIP--the L*K looks great! Everything is just lovely--well done!

Have a happy Christmas!

Chris said...

Wonderful finishes.
The small stocking ornaments are just wonderful with the little tags.
The Christmas blessings and all the smalls are wonderful too.
Thanks for making me smile this morning :)

Barbara J said...

Lovely stitching and crocheting all around. Those knitted socks are really cute!

And the LK and BBD pieces are just wonderful!

Margaret said...

So many wonderful finishes!! Wow! Congrats on finishing the LK piece! And I love those little sock ornies you made for the kids -- so cute! The two pillows are wonderful -- you're so generous! And love the fob too! Hope you're having a wonderful holiday season!

Jackie said...

Congratulations on all of your finishes! They're gorgeous - I especially like the stockings for the kids. They'll be family heirlooms for sure!

Peggy Lee said...

Aww...those little stockings are precious!

Love the finishes in this post, ALL of them.

JillMN said...

I love all of your finishes! That is the first 12 Blessings of Christmas I have seen completed! It is beautiful! I love it finished all together. I might have to put that on my "to do" list.

Bertie said...

Adorable little stockings! Your BBD pillows are fabulous, very nice of you to gift these, the ladies must be delighted!
Happy Christmas.

Cheryl said...

Wow Suzanne! I adore those Christmas stockings! Sooo lovely! As is your stitching too, that LK piece is really pretty.
I laughed at your comment regarding the girls message from Santa video. Great idea to make them behave better!

marly said...

What adorable stocking ornaments with those precious little name tags. Beautiful gifts that you gave, and perfectly finished. Great post with lots of eye candy.

valerie said...

Wonderful finishes Suzanne! I love those little crocheted stockings! And the pincushions are darling...I am in love with both and really have to stitch that star one for sure!

Ellen said...

Wonderful stockings, love those name tags! 12 Blessings of Christmas is gorgeous! The pincushions are beautiful too, love them!

Happy Holidays!

Hugs,

Sally said...

Oh Suzanne those stockings are adorable!

Lovely gifts you sent to Rowyn and Cindy. Love your little fob too.

Your L*K Blessings are beautiful!

Carol said...

Such sweet little stockings you've made, Suzanne... Bright and cheery! And I love your LK finish as well...

Wishing you and your wonderful family a very merry Christmas!!

design elements said...

lovely things! hug

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congrats on getting that LK finished up its adorable!

You've done a lot of great work lately I bet the kids will love their ornaments this year!

Farm Girl said...

Hi Suzanne, You have some gorgeous finishes there! The little stockings will be always treasured by your littlies. I saw your gift on Rowyns blog, absolutely beautiful.
Merry Christmas, Nicky

Andrea said...

Great finishes. Love the 2 long picushions.

Have a very Happy Christmas!

Carol said...

So many beautiful finishes - adore those little crocheted stocking for your wee ones! Nice!

Beatrice said...

I love the stockings and the tags..What a treasure for the kids!
LK Blessings is one I'm going to have to get . That is sweet.
The gifts you made are great, you have been a busy lady!
Merry Christmas.

Lois said...

What lovely finishes Suzanne! Those little stockings are just the cutest things! Love your L*K Blessings finish and well done for finishing it in time for Christmas!

Lynn said...

The childrens' stocking ornaments are adorable!! I love the bright colours.
Your LK finish is fabulous! Congrats on finishing it before the big day.