Monday, 30 January 2012

First Finishes for 2012

I finally got myself into gear and pulled out the finishing supplies this last week. I spent a good few hours cutting and preparing and put them all into a basket to complete. Slowly over the week I got them all finished, including the following which I finished stitching early last year for Amelie's Christmas ornament.


The following I finished stitching early this year and have only now finished them. I am try this year to stitch my smalls and then finish them into something straight away, so I am not adding to my enormous pile of stitching that needs finishing.


Design: Starry Night Ornament
Designer: Helga Mandl (Gift Of Stitching Magazine Issue 47 - December 2009)
Fabric: 32ct Belfast linen - Putty
Thread: DMC
Finish: Christmas ornament


Design: Cranberry Christmas
Designer: The Prairie Schooler (JCS Ornament Issue 2007)
Fabric: 32ct Wichelt linen - Lambswool
Thread: DMC
Finish: Christmas ornament


Design: Noel
Designer: 123Citrouille (freebie)
Fabric: 32ct Belfast linen - Ecru
Thread: DMC 816
Finish: Pillow


Design: Heaven & Nature
Designer: Elizabeth's Designs
Fabric: 32ct R&R Reproductions- Autumn Leaves
Thread: Gentle Art Sampler Thread & DMC
Finish: Pillow


Design: Herbs
Designer: Elizabeth's Designs
Fabric: 32ct R&R Reproductions- Autumn Leaves
Thread: DMC
Finish: Pinkeep


Linked up with Susan at Afford Your Passions

36 comments:

Peggy Lee said...

I love them all but I think my favorite one is Heaven & Nature.
You do beautiful work!

Margaret said...

Wow, what a lot of finishing! Good for you for tackling them! You do great finishing too!

Jackie said...

Congratulations on your finishes! You did a beautiful job. I'm sure it feels really good to have them finished. :)

cathymk said...

Great finishes Suzanne! They are all gorgeous!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

All are darling! Well done!

Barbara J said...

So many lovely finishes! Fine work indeed!

Margaret said...

What a fantastic job you did on finishing these lovely smalls.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Gorgeous finishes Suzanne, and good job for just buckling down and getting them done!

Kathy A. said...

Truly lovely finishes. Very nice work.

Nancy said...

Beautiful finishing!

valerie said...

Wow, you got so many lovely ornies finished! Good for you. They all look wonderful!

samplerlover said...

Beautiful finishing Suzanne. I love the Let Heaven and Nature Sing - Sandra. Love your wooden needle/thread holder btw.

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous finishes! I really like how you take your pictures too with the pretty fabric in the background

Deanne J said...

Great stitching, congrats!!

marly said...

Holy cow - you got a lot done! You came up with a different finishing method for each and they are all so great. Beautifully done.

Patty C. said...

Great Ornaments !!!

Carol said...

What a wonderful post, Suzanne!! So many delightful finishes... I used to just stitch things and throw them in a drawer, but the last two years I've been finishing as I go and it is such a nice feeling! (Of course, I still have that drawer full of previously stitched items from years ago just waiting patiently to be finished!!)

Farm Girl said...

Beautiful Suzanne, they are all so different in style, but all stunning!
Good on you for getting on and finishing as you go.

Siobhán said...

Beautiful stitching and finishing! Everything looks great. I can relate to needing to get stuff done as soon as it's finished being stitched. I have a pile of stuff to be finished that I just don't feel like doing. I am trying to get better about that this year!

Chris said...

They are all beautiful Suzanne :)

Valentina said...

Gorgeous finishes!

Sally said...

They are all so beautiful.

Ranae said...

All those hours paid off, because they all are .
My favorite is Starry Night one with that reindeer

Lynn said...

Oh my, they're all beautiful Suzanne! I really like Sugar Plums and Noel.
Now you've got me thinking that I really need to get my butt in gear on some of my finishing. Wish me luck!

Susan said...

All your finishes are gorgeous, Suzanne!!!

I would love it if you would visit my blog - I've started a new feature "a stitching party", and I'm encouraging people to link to their blogs and show off what they are working on!

Brigitte said...

Oh Suzanne, these finishes are all so beautiful. And so creatively and neatly finished. I love each of them.

Linda said...

I just found your blog and love it. I am a new follower. Love all your finishes, they are gorgeous.

Linda

Ellen said...

Gorgeous, love them!

Hugs,

Katrina said...

Your ornaments are all truly gorgeous Suzanne, I just love how you've finished each one off so differently. Sugar Plums is my favourite :)

Melissa said...

Suzanne, I'm way late in commenting on this post but I just had to. The ornaments are not only gorgeous but you staged each photo so nicely!

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Great finishes. Congrats on getting ahead of things this year, I wish I was that driven. CJ in OK ;-)

Lesleyanne said...

Gorgeous finishes. I love the sugar plum one best.

Lois said...

What wonderful ornament finishes!

Andrea said...

Beautiful finishes.

Ellen said...

Love all your wonderful ornaments.

Anne said...

Wow! Your finishes are stunning Suzanne! So pretty! I really love the little herb one. I've been looking for herb patterns and I just haven't found one that I liked a lot. I'll have to check out Elizabeth's Designs for sure!! That 123Citrouille freebie design has been on my list to stitch for awhile now! It's gorgeous!!