Tuesday, 14 February 2012

Mail Arrivals

This week I have been pleasantly surprised by what has arrived in the mail. Firstly and quite unexpectedly, I received this gorgeous pillow from Sally. A while back I sent Sally a copy of a magazine and as a thank you she stitched this pillow. The design is by Blackbird Designs and is from their book A Schoolgirl's Work. Thank you Sally it's beautiful and you knew just the right designer to pick.


Yesterday I received an exchange from Carol for the Santa exchange on the Hooked On Exchanging blog. I have always wanted to receive a piece from Carol and now I am lucky enough to have one. Carol stitched the Santa Rides ornament from The Prairie Schooler. Carol picked a sunshine design because we are in our summer here. Thank you Carol, I love the design and the finishing.


Sadly our weather here is not like summer at all. We have barely seen sunshine for a long while and we have had more rain than I would like. We have had so much rain in fact that the ground can no longer absorb anymore and we keep getting mild flooding around the neighbourhood. Yesterday we were hit by an almighty hail storm and lost power for a few hours, right in the middle of dinner. Thankfully, I cooked dinner early so that it had enough time to cool down for the girls.

I have been stitching quite a bit on Hannah Lancaster this week, so I will definitely have a post about her next time. Till then, happy stitching!

20 comments:

Sally said...

Hello

Just found your blog.

What lovely post you've had - they are both gorgeous.

Hope your weather picks up soon!

Siobhán said...

What beautiful gifts! Lucky you. Sally's BBD is so pretty, and how thoughtful of Carol to do a summer type ornament for you! Sorry to hear that the summer hasn't been so great--hopefully the weather will improve. It's hard to keep the kids entertained when you can't throw them outside! LOL

Margaret said...

What nice gift/exchanges! So pretty! Bummer about the weather. Your weather sounds about like ours was last summer -- way too much rain. We're still saturated even with not much snow/rain this winter. Hope you see more of the sun. Hope you're enjoying Hannah!

Chris said...

What wonderful gifts you got. They are treasures!
Sorry to hear about the crazy weather.

Peggy Lee said...

It's so nice to receive these things in the mail. How sweet of Sally to send you that surprise and Carol's exchange piece is adorable.

Hope the sun comes out soon to dry things up a bit!

Cole said...

Wonderful gifts by two talented ladies for sure!

The weather is crazy, even here it's not really "winter"... I hope you see some sunshine soon!

Deb said...

Such a wonderful gifts! Both are wonderful.

Sounds like your weather is absolutely crazy! I hope that the rain goes away soon!

Jackie said...

Such beautiful gifts from very talented stitchers! I hope the weather improves for you soon and more normal weather returns. We've been fortunate to not have so many gray days this winer.

Carol said...

I'll bet you just love opening your mailbox when presents as pretty as these pop out, Suzanne!!

Sorry about so much rain--flooding is so scary; I do hope it stops soon...

Happy Valentine's Day :)

Julianne said...

Suzanne,

Lovely things have certainly arrived in your mailbox!

All your ornaments in your last post are so nice! Your oldest looks so happy! Time fles!

Hope your other two children are doing well.

Mylene said...

What lovely gift and exchange piece you've received.

Hope the sun shows up!

Katrina said...

Both stitched pieces are wonderful Suzanne. Our weather here has been much the same since the end of January - overcast, cool and rain. Its quite green around our area which is just not the norm for this time of the year.

valerie said...

Love the pincushion from Sally! The Santa ornie from Carol is one of my favorites PS designs. I'm not the biggest fan but there are some I love like this one! :)

RuthB said...

What wonderful mail you get! Maybe they will bring you good weather in their wake.

Ellen said...

Beautiful gift from Sally! Love your Santa Exchange, I just love PS's santas!

Hope that the sun will come out soon!

Hugs,

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

What a darling pillow and super cute ornament! Both of them are terrific! I hope your weather gets better. I hate when our ground is saturated because we always get water in the basement. And, it is usually in my craft room. Ugh!

Nicky said...

Darling gifts Suzanne.... hope your summer improves soon!

marly said...

Oh I can't wait to see Hannah. What lovely gifts. Eyelet stitches are my favorite!

Lynn said...

A lovely gift and exchange! Lucky you to receive some of Carol's work and that pin pillow is so pretty.
I hope your weather turns about soon. All that rain is not pleasant especially when there's flooding involved. I expect the girls are house bound too!

Sally said...

So glad you liked your little BBD pincushion. Lovely exchange piece from Carol.

I hope your weather has improved now. It seems everywhere is getting weird weather.