Thursday, 20 September 2012

A Little Finish

Once again I have been a terrible blogger. I am just struggling to get time to post and time to visit everyone blogs. I have however been very busy stitching.

The most recent finish has been a Stacy Nash piece from her Handwork Club. This is the first piece from the series. I used some wood shavings to fill the pillow, just the stuff you buy for the bottom of guinea pig cages and it worked very nicely. The pillow is quite heavy and the filling spreads out quite well, yet gives the pillow a little bit of a primitive, lumpy feel. By the way I have not aged the pillow, apart from roughening up the backing fabric. I just can't bring myself to stain my stitching. Maybe another time.


Design: Handwork Club '1820 Redwork Pinkeep'
Designer: Stacy Nash Primitives
Fabric: 32ct Platinum linen
Thread: Gentle Art Sampler Thread
Finish: Pinkeep

19 comments:

samplerlover said...

It looks really lovelt Suzanne. My favourite is the next one in the series. A pity that we never got the last one in the series. - Sandra

Lois said...

What a lovely finish Suzanne! I'm very behind on commenting but do have to mention all that wonderful stash you bought at the craft show!!

Chris said...

Love it!! Beautiful stitching, great color and lovely finishing.

Giovanna said...

It's very pretty and charming - well done!

Margaret said...

I love it! Don't think it needs staining -- it's fine how it is!

Shirlee said...

Oh-Oh-Oh!!! I see lace bobbins there! Are you a lacer? Love the Stacy! I was not aware of this club! Argh!!!

Carol said...

I can't imagine having much time to stitch with three young children, Suzanne... Go glad you found some time to sit down and stitch this pretty little pin pillow--I love it!! And I can't bring myself to stain my stitching either so you're not the only one!

Maggie said...

It's beautiful, and i don't think it needs ageing :-)

valerie said...

Beautiful finish Suzanne! I can't stain my stitching either. It makes me so nervous!

Deb said...

It looks wonderful Suzanne. I know what you mean about staining stitching. I always hold my breathe when I do it - after all the stitching, you don't want it coming out strange looking, but I have good luck with walnut crystals.

Mylene said...

A beautiful finish! Love it!!

marly said...

Love it. Amazing how small and simple could be so fabulous!

Barbara J said...

Fabulous little pinkeep. Love the colour you chose.

Sally said...

What a lovely finish Suzanne:)

Jackie said...

How cute! The fabric is just perfect!

Staining with walnut crystals is certainly easier after you do it for the first time. I'm not sure I would have ever tried it if I wasn't in a class to begin with.

Brigitte said...

I love these little primitive designs, they are fast stitched up and a little pillow is nearly always a great way to finish them. Yours looks beautiful!

Anne said...

It's a gorgeous finish and you did well with the primitive finish! Love Stacy Nash's designs!

Lynn said...

Great finish! I haven't had the nerve to stain any of my stitching either. I'm always afraid I'll make a total mess of it.

Ranae said...

Pretty, love the red color
I love to stain after stitching, the first time can be scary
But once you do it, you'll love it
That's a good idea for the filling