Wednesday, 19 September 2012

Craft Show Haul - Only a Few Months Late

Do you remember a while back I said that I went to the craft show? Maybe not, it was after all a few months ago. I had promised photos of what I had purchased, but once again time ran short and I forgot to post. Well wait no longer, here is the fantastic haul.

Some old Sampler and Antique Quarterly magazines, Yvette Stanton's book Hardanger with a little fabric, two project bags, some fabric dye in several shades of brown. Plenty of ground walnut shell and a stack of different beads.


Beautiful hand-dyed felted wool, a stack of fat quarters of fabric for finishing some projects. Mother of pearl buttons and some Stitches & Spice sampler threads.


A little kit to try my hand at some free hand embroidery using some of the Aurifil threads and some very basic quilting. It makes a nice little pouch I can then store the threads in. Finally not one but two pairs of scissors, I fell in love with.


My wonderful DH purchased this cabinet for me to store some of my threads in. I had to wait to have it made for me and it's handmade from oak. I can store more than 1000 thread cards if I choose, but I have decided to store my DMC #8 and #12 threads, HDF silks and the Au Ver A Soie 100/3, trebizond and Soie Surfine. I will probably be able to store twice more than that, but I don't want to get too carried away too soon.



16 comments:

Jackie said...

That must have been some craft show! You purchased some wonderful things. The thread cabinet - WOW! Just gorgeous too!

samplerlover said...

Oh Suzanne, your thread cabinet is really lovely. I can see why you were so thrilled to get it. A wonderful collection of goodies. I have both of those pair of scissors as well.

Chris said...

OH Suzanne! What wonderful things. I love SANQ and all the fabrics are lovely. Your DH is fabulous, what a great cabinet.

Margaret said...

Ok, that cabinet stopped me in my tracks. lol! Wow, so lovely!!!! I'm envious! :D You have a keeper there for sure in your DH! Looooove all your stash too! Yum yum! I'm drooling and loving it all!

Melody said...

Beautiful cabinet! What a lucky girl you are!

Vicki said...

You sure hit the jackpot at that craft sale. And the cabinet is lovely!

Shirlee said...

I am positively hyperventilating! What a fabulous bunch of stuff!

pj said...

That floss cabinet is gorgeous and so great to have that much room for storage. Looks like it is made so well and perfect for us stashers!!!! Love it! pj

Carol said...

Oh, you lucky girl, you!! What amazing stash goodies you came home with. And the floss cabinet is especially lovely--sounds like that husband of yours is definitely a keeper :)

valerie said...

Great stash haul Suzanne...and your cabinet is beautiful! Lovely gift from your DH!

Nancy said...

Great stash you got at that craft sale! Your new cabinet is beautiful!

Marnie said...

WOW WEE! Love the felted wool, threads, scissors, cabinet, all of it! I find it's so easy for me to get whipped up into a lather at a good craft show and come home with really heavy bags! Your hubby is a sweet guy for buying you such a thoughtful gift.

Lisa V said...

Great haul Suzanne!

marly said...

What a beautiful cabinet and special gift. You really got a nice haul! Great wool and fabric, threads, scissors.....that was a really nice show!

Anne said...

Oooh! Awesome stash haul! Thanks for posting the pictures for me to drool over my keyboard!! Love that cabinet and it fits all your pretty threads and little bits!

Lynn said...

Super stash! That must have been an amazing show. You are so lucky to have that cabinet. It's gorgeous! I've been looking for one for some time now without any luck.