Friday, 21 September 2012

New SAL

Maybe I am too ambitious or maybe I am just such a sucker for punishment, but I have joined another SAL.
 
My track record for SAL's is just pathetic, but maybe this time I can do better. My friend Sandra showed me the chart she is doing for the SAL with Terri, Deb, Margaret, Marsha, Gabi and Evelyne and I knew that seeing I had everything already in my stash I just had to join in. We are all stitching Susan Singleton by The Scarlet Letter and the colours and design are just perfect.
 
I have chosen to stitch mine using DMC and I am using a piece of 36ct white linen by Hand-Dyed Fibers. I was going to use 40ct and waste some linen, but I won this 36ct linen on eBay and it was the exact perfect size for this sampler.
 
The SAL will be over two years and we are posting our progress every three months. The stitching requirement is not onerous, so maybe I will be successful. I just can't wait to get started.

17 comments:

Lois said...

Such a nice one to do as a SAL!The three month progress reports gives you lots of time so much less pressure to keep up.

Giovanna said...

It will be nice to follow you all.

samplerlover said...

I think that we are going to have some fun with this one, - Sandra

Nicola said...

Good luck with the SAL Suzanne, I'm going to enjoy watching your progress.

Lisa V said...

Good luck Suzanne. Its a really pretty design and I look forward to your progress pics.

Margaret said...

Oh the fabric looks pretty! I'm still waiting on my supplies to arrive. Sigh.

Deb said...

I'm horrible with SAL's too Suzanne, but with the schedule the way it is, I think that we can all do it!! I'm glad that you're joining the rest of us!!

Sally said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
marly said...

This sampler is so beautiful and ambitious, it will be interesting to watch progress. Good luck!

Rowyn said...

What a beautiful piece for an SAL. I'll definitely be looking forward to seeing your progress photos.

Mylene said...

Such a beautiful design, goodluck!!

Shirlee said...

It will be a lovely sampler! Best of luck to you : )

Brigitte said...

I had already read about this SAL on some of the other stitchers' blogs. What a great choice for a SAL. It's a wonderful sampler with beautiful colours. Enjoy the SAL.

Margaret said...

What a pretty sampler. You are going to have great fun doing this SAL.

Dani - tkdchick said...

That is going to be a great SAL I'm sure you're going to enjoy it!

Lynn said...

This is going to be an awesome SAL! I hadn't seen this design yet and it's lovely. I'm really going to enjoy watching your progress on this one.

Evelyne said...

Hi i'm invited by Gabi and Sandra to join this SAL. I'm waiting for my supplies and can't wait too start it with this group.It will be fun I think!

Have an lovely week-end, Evelyne

http://eefsneedle.blogspot.com