Sunday, 18 November 2012

Stitching Updates

It's been quite a while since I have updated with photos of my stitching. Silly me has over thirty different projects going at the moment and I just can't put the time into each of them that I would like.

First of all is My Favourite Scottish Sampler from the course I took last year with Robin Laukuf. I put it aside because Felix was born and forgot all about it. I took it out recently and finished the four-sided stitch alphabet (although I had to unpick the Z), stitched another hundred or so Algerian eyelets and started with the backstitch swirls. Apart from being in silk and not being able to stitch due to dry hands, the backstitch swirls take a lot of concentration because there are bits over one thread and three threads and two threads and not always where you expect them. Besides I only have another 800 or so Algerian eyelets to go......

 
Next is Hannah Lancaster by The Porcupine Collection. I had stitched quite a bit on her and I know that I am on the finishing straight. There have been so many other things getting in the way I have had to put her down for a little while. I am very proud of this one.

 
Finally this is where I am up to with Christmas At Hawk Run Hollow. Pretty sad I know, but again, silks and dry hands.....moral of the story is I should ditch the children for an hour and go and get a manicure, yeah, yeah in my dreams!
 
 
I have been working on Susan Singleton, but I have gone off her, because I made a huge mistake and have to restitch three days of work. I can't share her at the moment, the next scheduled post is December. All I can say is that the chart and the picture are very different, so a whole lot more work than I anticipated is required in changing colours and working out what stitches I need to do.

I suppose most of my stitching will take a back seat for now, I have the ornaments for the children to stitch and then Aurelia wants me to stitch an ornament for her teachers. Yes, she has two teachers, so two of everything, but that's OK. Your first teacher(s) is always the favourite and I want to make their Christmas presents special for Aurelia's sake.

26 comments:

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous stitching Suzanne! I have Calebs nursery teachers chart picked out already but not for Christmas gift, end of year gift in June. Sounds like you'll be busy with all these ornaments you need to do! Good luck! :-)

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

It is hard to find time for ourselves when we have little ones at home - I think everything you have shown here is very beautiful and looks stunning in silk - hugs, Amanda

Siobhán said...

Wonderful progress on your stitching! I was always happy when I was able to get a stitch or two in when my kids were little--it was like the one thing that stayed done (if I didn't have to frog, that is, LOL). I can't wait to see the ornaments that you do for Aurelia's teachers!

Barbara J said...

Gosh ... such beautiful samplers in progress! Slow and steady does it.

Shirlee said...

Beautiful stitching! You should be very proud : )

Margaret said...

Love seeing all your beautiful WIPs. That's so sweet that Aurelia wants you to make some ornies for her teachers. And sweet of you to do it too. Nice tradition also to stitch ornaments for your kids. I wonder why I never did that. lol! Sorry about your hands and the dryness. Do you all have Neutrogena products down there? I use this Norwegian formula stuff by them for dry hands. Only at night. It does wonders.

Gabi said...

I am SO in love with your Hannah. The other WIP's are great too...but oh boy, Hannah is just gorgeous.
So sorry to hear about your mishap with Susan. I finished the first part.
Oh, your Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow reminds me that I have it laying around as WIP. May be I'll pick it up when you're further in and we stitch it together? I'm always thinking about reasons to pick it up again and then not doing it...lol. So if I would have someone who kicks me in the bum at times, it might actually get finished this lifetime
Looking forwards to admire the ornaments for the kids.

StitchCat said...

What lovely stitching :-)

Brigitte said...

Oh Suzanne, you have such amazing samplers on the go. They are wonderful, but Hannah is my absolute favourite, such sweet motifs and colours.

Carol said...

I used to stitch ornaments for my sons' teachers when they were young and they were so appreciated. To this day a couple of the teachers will mention that they still love those pieces :)

Your work is so, so pretty, Suzanne--love Hannah Lancaster so much. I know you'll enjoy Christmas at HRH as much as I did. I finally got mine framed after 2 years :)

Jackie said...

The three projects you've featured here are just beautiful! I'm always amazed at what you get done with three little ones. Amazing!

Anne said...

Beautiful stitching you've done. Happy stitching!! :)

valerie said...

Beautiful stitching Suzanne! Your Hannah is amazing and close to being completed. I love the colors in your Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow. I know this time of year is so rough on the hands. A sugar scrub and lotion with gloves overnight really help a lot!
Good luck completing your christmas ornies!

Evelyne said...

Beautiful stitching!
Hannah Lancaster is amazing!
The colour are fantastic.

I finished the first part of Susan.
Good luck with the ornaments.

Evelyne


Ellen said...

Lovely to see the progress on wips, beautiful stitching! It's hard to find time to stitch with 3 little ones around, right?

Hugs,

Chris said...

Wonderful stitching update. I love all your projects!

Giovanna said...

You're doing great on your projects! Hannah L is just spectacular.

Marie said...

So much of what I have been stitching on have been "smalls" ~ your posts has me thinking about dragging out my many larger projects, like VoHRH, and my two HAEDs. Your projects are truly beautiful. I especially love Hannah Lancaster!

I am sure the teachers will love their stitched treasures.

Nicola said...

I am so pleased that you are on board. Susan Singleton will be a fun one to share on the Challenge.

Susan said...

Your stitching is all lovely!

I still remember my first teacher, and that was over 45 years ago, so making a memorable gift to thank a teacher is a a nice gesture.

Mylene said...

Great designs you are working on.
Good luck on the ornaments!!

Sally said...

Beautiful stitching. The colours in CaHRH are gorgeous.

Nicky said...

Fantastic progress Suzanne, your Hannah is definitely nearly there. I have to admit I am happy to hear that someone else has so many projects underway....LOL

Gray Bonnet said...

Hannah Lancaster is just gorgeous, and your stitching is beautiful!

CaHRH will be very pretty, I can already tell by the colors!

Margaret said...

Love the pieces you are working on Suzanne - especially Hannah Lancaster.
Have fun stitching ornaments.

Dani - tkdchick said...

All of your projects look so lovely!!!