Tuesday, 31 December 2013

The Show

This year the girls decided that they had to give a go at some home cooking for the children's section of our local show.

Aurelia made Rock Cakes and Amelie made Orange and Poppy Seed Muffins. I was amazed at how focused they were and how they were actually able to follow instructions and resist the urge to tell me they knew better. I was so proud of their efforts and secretly I was quite jealous of Aurelia's Rock Cakes as they came out better than mine.

Both of the girls won first place in their divisions and I was so proud. To see them both discover they had won and then hug each other and jump up and down with excitement was such a pleasure.




I also entered a few items into the show and had a very surprise win. I entered the Stacy Nash redwork pillow and the Mary Glover sampler. Neither received so much as a mention, so that was a little disappointing. I also thought the show was a great opportunity to finish off my Japanese flower wrap. I managed to finish and block it on the morning I had to bring it to the show. The surprise was that I received a third prize with the wrap. Most pleasing and quite surprising.





Design: Japanese Flower Wrap
Designer: adaption by me by looking at many photos
Yarn: Morris Pure 10ply in Cream, Smudge and Sheepish
Hook size: 5.00mm/US H

6 comments:

Lisa V said...

Your little girls looked soo pleased with their wins, how exciting for them. Happy New Year to you dear friend, good to see you back blogging again.

Margaret said...

Congratulations to you all! So exciting for your daughters, and a real accomplishment too! And your wrap is gorgeous!

Jackie said...

The girls looks super happy! They've grown a lot this past year. Your shawl is really gorgeous!

Barbara J said...

Congratulations on the girls' wins! And your crocheted shawl looks really swell too. Love the subtle colours you chose. Happy New Year!

Andrea said...

Congratulations to you all. Your girls look so happy with their achievements.

Nicky said...

Congratulations to you and your beautiful girls, it's lovely to see you back on your blog too!!