Saturday, 18 January 2014

Crochet Craziness

You're probably wondering about the title of this post. I have been busy crocheting scarves, beanies and cowls despite the insanely hot weather we have been having. My excuse is I am preparing for a cold winter. I have been actually trying to make things I have pinned on Pinterest (trying to justify my Pinterest usage).


 Design: Chunky Rib Scarf
Designer: Being Spiffy
Hook: 10mm/US P
Yarn: Cleckheaton Country Wide - Milk (100% Pure New Wool)
 
I made a few changes as this yarn is about 14ply, so I only used one strand and I made it about 10 chains longer. I have a lovely model!
 
 
Next the kids wanted a big beanie that covered their ears and was a bit slouchy. They found some yarn that took their fancy and so I have made the first one for Amelie and Aurelia's and Felix's are still in the works.
 

 
Design: Unforgettable Hat
Designer: Crochet In Color
Hook: 5mm/US H
Yarn: Moda Vera Bouvardia - Bramble (70% acrylic 30% wool)

 
Finally I had been lusting after a large scarf I had seen on Pinterest and was so sad to see it was only for sale from Renaissance Dying in the French Pyrenees and the way the Australian dollar is and the cost of postage it became just too expensive to justify. Then a little web surfing one day accidentally uncovered a place in Australia that had two kits in stock at a reasonable price, with free postage (even better). So now in my hot little hands I have the whole kit with 75 different shades of very fine wool for Bohemian Rhapsody.


10 comments:

Marlene Jones said...

Pintrest is addictive, i look at cross stitch, and I too have made a couple things in the past few months, is it guilt, no we do love to look.

Margaret said...

Ooooooh, can't wait to seeing that Bohemian Rhapsody! Love all the colors! And your models in their finery are adorable! Great crochet!

Jackie said...

We're supposed to make things found on Pinterest?! I'm quite sure I've never seen a cuter model! The hat is just perfect for her. She did a great job picking out yarn color!

That wool kit is just lovely! I'm glad to you found it somewhat locally. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on this.

Linda said...

Cute hat and scarf Suzanne.

Linda

P.J. said...

Beautiful handwork!

Brigitte said...

Great the scarf and beanie.
And wow, Bohemian Rhapsody will be gorgeous with these wools.

Marie said...

I love your crochet finishes. Your daughter is adorable!

Glad that you were able to find Bohemian Rhapsody at a more reasonable price. I am sure you will delight in making it. The colors are wonderful.

Carol said...

You do, indeed, have a lovely model, Suzanne!! Pretty lovely crochet finishes, too :)

Sandbart said...

Can I ask if this is the size the beanie will be if following the instructions, or did you need to make adjustments to the pattern? It looks fantastic.! Pinterest, don't we all just love it.

kathysnest32 said...

will teach me how to read a pattern.
your models are so cute. did the children enjoy going back to school today.

kathy