Sunday, 9 March 2014

Another Finish

With all the extra time I have, I was able to finish another WIP and cross it off my list. It has been sitting in my basket for quite some time and I figured if I sat down and concentrated on it enough it would quickly get finished. I used DMC 938 for the border and the alphabet as I didn't think I would have enough of Wood Trail to finish. I ended up using the entire skein of DMC to stitch the alphabet bands and border.




Design: 1836 Mary Hannah Gipson Sampler
Designer: C Street Samplerworks (SANQ Issue 61 Winter 2010)
Fabric: 30ct R & R Reproductions - Old Mill Java
Thread: The Gentle Art Sampler Threads & DMC



19 comments:

Teresa S. said...

This design is an oldie, but a goodie! Congratulations on another finish-it looks great!

Jackie said...

Congratulations on your finish! It sounds like you're making the best of the extra time that you have!

Margaret said...

I love it! Great finish! Yay for free time!

marly said...

Very nice! I love samplers like this one.

Chris said...

Wonderful finish Suzanne!

Melissa said...

What a great sampler! Congratulations on crossing another one off your list!

Linda said...

Congrats on the great finish Suzanne.

Linda

Sonda said...

Lovely!

Mylene said...

A beautiful finish, congrats!!

Giovanna said...

Great finish - congrats!

Annie said...

Extra time, huh? Did you steal that from me?

Anyway, the A&E finish is lovely. They make a very cute couple!

Brigitte said...

Wow, so great, this sampler. Congratulations on finishing it!

Carol said...

Very lovely finish, Suzanne--hope your "extra time" continues for a while :)

Ranae said...

Lovely finish!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Great finish! Congrats!!!

Lelia said...

Outstanding!!!

Lelia said...

Lovely - I found my sampler and threads a couple days ago. I had started and set it aside!

C Street Samplerworks said...

Congratulations on finishing Mary Hannah--your stitching is lovely, and a great choice of linen!

(I have the antique sampler and the repro hanging side by side in my hallway and look at them everyday. One of my very favorite samplers!)

Parsley said...

Just beautiful!
Found your blog on the prim stitcher's facebook group. HELLO!